Saturday, June 7, 2014

New Friends at Camelback

Weather:  92°, sunny

Time:  Not taken.  I started the stopwatch on my phone, but then made the mistake of checking an email while hiking. For some reason this causes the app to shut down.

About this hike:  It felt good to get back to Camelback after a few weeks.  The hotter weather (and the fact a hiker died there this week!) cleared out the parking lot.

A month later and the knee is still bothering me.  It's fine until I go hiking, so I slap on a velcro brace and tough it out.  Gotta embrace the brace.  For some reason I had a lot of fatigue starting at the second vertical.  I had to make multiple stops, which was very disappointing.  I'm conditioned to handle this, even if it's a little warmer out!

At the summit I met a group of hikers and ended up getting my picture taken with them.  We exchanged phone numbers and said we might all hike as a group sometime.  No place like the trails to make new friends :)

From what I can tell, this is a tribute to Eric
Fernandes, the guy who died on Camelback this week 

No comments:

Post a Comment