Saturday, November 22, 2014

Unexpectedly Piestewa

Weather:  70°, sunny

Time:  ~25 minutes

About this hike:  Planned on going to Camelback around 11:30am.  I arrived at Echo Canyon and the line of cars waiting to get in was out to the traffic circle on Tatum Blvd.  I turned around at the guard shack and went to my favorite "secret" parking spot whose gates were all closed.

Instead of being pissed I was surprisingly docile as I drove down Lincoln St. to Piestewa Peak.  Piestewa was not nearly as packed and a trail-head parking spot was an easy score.  I'm so glad I did Piestewa today...

At the summit two friends asked me to get a picture of them together.  We ended up chatting for over an hour at the summit and then hiked down together.  A big reason I maintain this blog (besides having a count of all my hikes) is because so many hikes hold something interesting and unique.

So yeah, today was a good pre-Turkey Day hike.  With reduced work hours this coming week, here's hoping for a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment