Saturday, July 29, 2017

Insomniac on Camelback

Weather:  92ยบ, sunny, humid

Time:  35 minutes

About this Hike:  I arrived to a nearly full parking lot and monsoon clouds hanging around the Valley. We may yet see a storm later today...  This morning; however, the sun was beginning to pierce through.  I was at the trailhead early due to the fifth night of insomnia.

I believe the high humidity and on-going lack of rest had a lot to do with my 35 minute time to the summit today. Still not all that bad when you factor in the need to stop and hydrate in these Sonoran summertime conditions.

There is an older lady who climbs Camelback every day. She was recently featured on Fox 10.  I saw her today as I was nearing the summit and she was beginning her decent.  I would have loved to stop for a photo opp with her (she's known to be very friendly), but she was busy giving life advice to a couple young ladies (something else she's known for).

As I neared the trailhead some heavy cloud cover moved in—where was this when I was doing my ascent?!  Upon my departure around 9:30am the crowds had died off and parking was wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment