Saturday, October 7, 2017

Camelback Echo Canyon

Weather: 90ยบ, sunny

Time: 32 minutes

About this Hike:  I'm pleased with 32 minutes to the summit considering I haven't hiked Camelback in a while. It was hot today, too. The parking lot had plenty of spaces open, but the mountain was still very crowded. It was one of those days where I kept encountering rude hikers and/or getting in other hiker's way it seemed. I didn't remain long at the summit due to one of those rude hikers hacking up a lung all over everyone.

During my brief stint on the summit I did meet a friendly hiker and we talked in general about the Echo Trail, time up it, etc.  On the way down I encountered another friendly hiker that saw my tattered, faded old hiking hat with the Diamondbacks logo on it. He wanted to talk all things baseball considering the D-Back's recent playoff successes and failures. After nodding and agreeing, I wished him well and went on my way...I guess I should reconsider wearing that hat since I don't really follow baseball (or any pro sport for that matter).

Regardless, it was a pleasant late-morning/early-afternoon hike today. Looking forward to more of these as the weather cools down.

No comments:

Post a Comment