Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Last Day of Vacation - Camelback

Weather:  83ยบ, sunny

Time:  35 minutes

About this Hike:  Last night we arrived home after several days of hiking and kayaking around the Las Vegas, NV area.  I opted to take today off work as part of my vacation so I could have an unpack and decompress day prior to returning to the rat race.

Needless to say, late morning on a Wednesday seemed like a safe bet to find parking at Camelback.  I was right.

It felt good to be back on the mountain again.  A number of hikers were pointing out a rattle snake sighting earlier in the day.  I must have just missed it.  Several hikers were looking for it, saying it had slithered under a tree.  I hate snakes and am glad it stayed there.  Regardless, I was just a little more cautious about where I put my hands on this hike.

My time to the summit wasn't great.  It was likely hampered by some dehydration I've been experiencing.  That's what happens when you spend several days in the dry Nevada sunshine.  I made a lot of stops and went through almost all my water today.

Regardless, this impromptu hike was good use of my time on the last day of vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment