Sunday, June 23, 2019

Camelback and Woodbury Views

Weather:  97ยบ, sunny

Time:  38.5 minutes

About this Hike:  It's about time I started having some adventures again!  This weekend has had no shortage of hikes. 

Camelback Echo Canyon is best in summer.  It's even better when the June temps are below average. 

So while the trail wasn't crowded, it wasn't completely desolate either.  Parking was easy.  Below average in Phoenix certainly does not mean that it's not still hot out.  The heat definitely got to me today, as my time attests.  I always live by the motto, "If you finish with enough water, then you didn't have enough."  I had three bottles and had downed most of the third when I reached the trailhead parking lot. 

I also wonder if I should have paid more attention to air quality alerts today.  The smoke from Woodbury Fire is just in a giant circle around the entire valley.  Four Peaks and other points north are invisible.  When I got home I developed a headache that's still with me off and on tonight as I write this.  My hiking clothes smelled strongly like a campfire.




No comments:

Post a Comment