Saturday, October 10, 2015

Back at Camelback

Weather:  83°, partly cloudy

Time:  32 minutes

About this hike:  Ahh the weather is getting cooler and the tourists are descending on the Valley.  It was crowded at Echo Canyon this morning.  Determined to do Camelback today, I ended up getting a parking spot at my secret location down the road :)

The stern park ranger and "Lot Full" sign at the Echo Canyon entrance was unnecessary.  After my ~10 minute walk to the trailhead I noted several parking spots available.  When I finished my hike parking was a non-issue.  But whatever, my car is safer in my secret location...

Overall this was an enjoyable hike on somewhat crowded trails.  Every now and then a cool breeze served as a little air conditioning.  Always good to be back at my favorite red sandstone mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment