Saturday, March 10, 2018

Attitude Adjustment on Piestewa

Weather:  77ยบ, overcast, some humidity

Time:  27 minutes

About this Hike:  I went into today almost loathing this hike.  Like, let's check this one off the to-do list.  That's never a very good hike-a-tude.  The crowds of people are really starting to get to me as Phoenix trails become America's best-kept secret.

Parking was anything but abundant today.  I was lucky to catch a guy leaving and parallel park in his space. It was tight, and I don't know how I did park jobs like this in the days before back up cams.

I utilized the Alternate Summit Trail, which is pretty much standard procedure for me now.  The crowds were heavy, but manageable.  There weren't any bottlenecks on the ascent. 

Phoenix PD gave us a show in the chopper, and then a vintage airplane was doing dives and scary maneuvers around the mountain.

Otherwise this was an enjoyable, uneventful hike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment