Monday, July 1, 2013

Camelback Cholla - Third Time's a Charm

Weather:  100° and sunny, minimal breeze

Time to summit:  35 minutes

About this hike:  Did this one impulsively.  I chose not to take my Saturday morning Piestewa hike due to the day's record heat warning.  Today wasn't much better...in fact, a dust storm last night, fires to the north, and high heat makes for a bad air quality day.  But I'm stubborn.  The heat markedly slowed down what is otherwise a hike so easy I usually avoid it.  Regardless, it felt so good to get my boots back on Camelback Mountain and even better to enjoy that zen summit.  There were a few other diehards like myself on the trails.

Only my third time up Cholla, and I'm glad I took advantage of this Monday off work to go climb.  Until Echo re-opens...




No comments:

Post a Comment