Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful for Camelback

Weather:  63°, sunny

Time:  28 minutes

About this hike:  Record tied! Love these cooler temps, and my time shows it!  That is a slightly adjusted time wherein I stopped the clock a little before the summit. This is to make up for stoppages beyond my control such as children, people paralyzed with fear at the railings, selfie-stick hawking tourists, etc.

The mountain was crowded, but there were breaks without a ton of people. It was better than Piestewa was yesterday.

"Lot Full" was displayed when I arrived at the parking lot, and a cross-armed ranger was enforcing it.  Not willing to circle around, I parked at my secret spot (which remains un-named) down the street.  By the time I got to the trailhead (~10 min.) there were plenty of parking spots.  Makes me question the validity of this little show of power.

Regardless, a good hike and I am thankful for this afternoon adventure to wrap up Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment