Thursday, March 10, 2016

Relaxing Morning at Echo Canyon

Weather:  69°, sunny

Time:  29 minutes

About this hike:  I got an early start this morning, and as a result the Echo Canyon lot was fairly open for parking upon arrival.  This also meant less crowds on the trail.  Overall it was a nice hike, and the 29-minute time was a little disappointing.  I'm used to 28 minutes at this point, but I did stop for a few quick Powerade breaks.

At the summit I found a nice quiet area near the northwestern edge of the mountain.  I enjoyed sitting and reflecting for a few minutes before beginning the journey down to the trailhead.

By my departure at just before 10:00am, the parking area was a zoo.  Once again I found myself boxed in the parking space while drivers of unparked cars hovered close by, quick to activate their turn signal to "claim" a spot that they thought was opening up.  A park ranger manning the guard shack put up the "Lot Full" sign and quickly dropped the entrance gate.  It pays to arrive early this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment