Friday, April 29, 2016

Another Hike, Another Rescue - Piestewa

Weather:  73°, sunny

Time:  23 minutes

About this hike:  I have been busy hiking this week!  A beautiful morning warranted a trip up to Piestewa.  It was a little crowded at the summit, but the trails weren't too bad.

On my trip down I saw a group sitting just off to the side and talking about where they were from (tourists!).  I didn't think much of it until I heard someone say, "She's injured and waiting for the police..."  Not soon thereafter from my perch still above the parking area, I saw Phoenix Fire start rolling in, with enough fire engines to extinguish a high-rise blaze.  From the group's demeanor, I'm guessing the injuries weren't too severe, but will watch the news today to see if they report the story.

Otherwise an enjoyable, routine Piestewa climb...

No comments:

Post a Comment