Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Failed to Ring the Bell on Top...

Weather:  low 70s, breezy

About this hike:  Parked at the Bell Rock trailhead just off of route 179.  I followed the Bell Rock loop trail to a summit trail.  There were numerous other hikers trying to make the ascent, and I saw several already atop one of the spires of this rotund red sandstone formation.  I didn't have much success.  Not only is finding the trail to the summit tricky, it's on slick red rocks.  The trail frequently vanishes, as after a certain point it's no longer marked and isn't regularly maintained.  I reached the vortex point and sat for a while.  Can't say I felt anything that you're supposed to feel in a vortex...just insane fear considering if I fell Bell Rock would be a little redder with my blood...

No comments:

Post a Comment