Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thanks Again NFL...

Hike time:  30 minutes to the summit!!

Weather:  90°, sun

About this hike:  Parking, while crowded on this warm fall afternoon, wasn't impossible...thank you football games.  I nabbed a spot on Echo Canyon Drive.  Today's hike proved my worthiness in an elite club:  those who can make it to the summit in 30 minutes.  This should've been an easy climb, after nearly an entire week of 5-10 mile daily hikes in Sedona.  For whatever reason, however, my legs were feeling the exhaustion today.  I have no idea why.  Regardless, I pushed on to the sparsely populated summit where my favorite area of smooth sandstone was available.  Sprawling out and catching some sun for about 20 minutes had me good to go for the hike back down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment