Monday, August 18, 2014

Just Missed Another TV Interview...

Weather:  88°, overcast and humid

Time:  31 minutes

About this hike:  Cooler and humid this morning--definitely helped improve my time by a few minutes.  There was rain last night as evidenced by mud and puddles.  The main trails were dry though.

I ended this hike just a few minutes too early.  Fox10 showed up and was interviewing the hikers right behind me.  I'm a devoted Ch. 10 fan and had to see which news anchor was doing the story. I just regret it wasn't me on camera telling my hiking tales.

This may be related to a flyer that was posted at the trailhead where the City of Phoenix is holding a public forum on adding parking meters.  I sure hope this gets struck down (again!).  I grabbed a copy of the flyer and plan to write the elected officials noted therein.  We'll see what comes of it.

Beautiful panorama looking north at Piestewa Pk., McDowells, & Four Peaks

No comments:

Post a Comment