Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rainy Reflections Atop Camelback

Weather:  80°, overcast, rain in the area, humid

Time:  32 minutes

About this hike:  Had a lot of rain overnight and throughout today.  I was fortunate to take advantage of a brief window of opportunity from 9:00am - noon.  The trails were surprisingly dry (just a few puddles) and the washes were dry as well.  Dark clouds enveloped the Valley to the north and east.  I got home just before noon--just in time for the next round of monsoon downpour to unleash.

While not crowded, it was far from deserted on the trails.  Bugs were a little nasty at the summit, as is expected after a rain.

I have had 4 great Camelback experiences this week during my "staycation" from work.  Tomorrow it's back to the office, but hopefully Saturday I'll be back at my mountain.

Cactus with a beautiful flower ring

Crazy monsoon clouds looking north toward Mummy Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment