Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Camelback Morning

Weather:  47°, sunny

Time:  29 minutes

About this hike:  I thought that maybe a morning hike would mean thinner crowds since it has been so cold in the mornings.  Wrong again.

However, a historical trend was broken today.  As I passed the "Lot Full" sign and cross-armed ranger at the Echo Canyon entrance, lo and behold he removed the sign.  I drove a complete lap around the circle and pulled right in.  Parking was very tight, on a hill, and all around uncomfortable.  I like my car parked on an end as far from other cars as possible.

Regardless, I chose the "risky" parking spot and thankfully my car is no worse for the wear (believe me, I checked).

Today was a very enjoyable hike even with the crowds.  Even more rewarding is two days solidly in the Under-30 club.

Following are the results.  I think the S-Health app gets a few stats wrong, especially in regard to "Calories Burned."



No comments:

Post a Comment