Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Piestewa is still Festive...

Weather:  56°, sunny

Time:  24 minutes

About this hike:  I decided to go a little easier on myself today and do Piestewa instead of Camelback.  And it was on today's hike I had an epiphany of sorts:  Piestewa really is tougher than Camelback in some ways.

The camel will always be steeper, but Piestewa is longer and a more sustained steepness.  Or maybe my body is just feeling the residual effects after hiking every day this week since I've been home from NY.

The Christmas tree atop Camelback may be just a memory now.  However, not only is the little palo verde at the Piestewa summit still festive, but somebody decorated another palo verde about halfway up the trail.  I wanted to take a picture of the tree which is behind a popular resting point.  I was concerned the people hanging out there might get upset thinking that I was taking their picture.

Regardless of the crowds today, this was an enjoyable afternoon hike.  My phone says I hiked 8/10 of a mile.  I need to figure out if there's a way to better calibrate the S-Health app...




No comments:

Post a Comment