Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Camelback & Tour Group

Weather:  66°, sunny

Time:  Not taken

About this hike:  I'm sure I made it up to the Camelback Echo Canyon summit in just under 30 minutes.  I decided not to time myself today.  I've been doing so many hikes during my period of unemployment and honestly 27-29 minutes is going to be my average time since I refuse to run up Camelback.

My right knee is bothering me.  It was worst coming down the steepest portions of the mountain.  Not sure if this is related to the runner's knee I developed a couple years ago after doing Grand Canyon Rim to River and back in one day.  Regardless, tomorrow may need to be a rest day and I may need to dust off the old knee brace.

Yesterday I stated there was the biggest bottleneck ever at the second long, vertical stretch.  Today was the biggest group I've ever seen, but thankfully it was at the graded portion of the trail just as you're starting out.  The group was comprised of all ages, and many had badges around their necks.  I was far too focused on getting passed them to notice what the badges said.  Likely some sort of tour group.

The weather is a bit cooler today, and aside from the big group, there were peaceful moments on the trail.  An enjoyable hike for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment