Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Echo Canyon

Weather:  74°, sunny

Time:  28 minutes

About this hike:  I arrived at Camelback to a fairly empty parking lot around 9:30am.  A little over an hour later as I was coming off the mountain it was a different story.  Cars were queuing all around the parking lot waiting to nab a spot.  I'm sure the park rangers were not too pleased...

Despite the earlier parking lot situation, the trails were anything but uncrowded.  The warmer weather is likely spurring more visitors to the mountain, even on a weekday morning.  I shudder to think what a Saturday morning must be like this time of year.  Of course, if I ever do find a new job I likely will become one of those Saturday hikers again (parking at my secret off-site spot).

Overall an enjoyable, routine hike up Echo Canyon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment